Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bulletstorm Review

Bulletstorm is a game that utilizes dark and dirty humor, unforgettable characters, and creative domination strategies. It all comes together perfectly to make a great innovative game that brings something new to the overcrowded FPS (first person shouter) genre.  I don't hate these games, but we needed something new in this particular market which is currently overflowing with generic war games that seem to all be the same.  Bulletstorm delivers!                  
            From the very beginning of Bulletstorm I had the most fun I have had in a very long with a FPS.I fell in love with the skill shot system which I will miss in the other games I play in the future. The skill shot system rewards you with points to buy upgrades and ammo. "How do you get skill shots?", you may ask. Well, its simple. Destroy your enemies in the most creative and destructive way.There are 135 different skill shots you can perform. The idea of creative killing is not the only thing that makes Bulletstorm stand out.The whip changed the way I  look at the environment. The whip is a devise on your hand that can grab enemies around you and you can decide how they die.Using the boot also changes things. I can kick an explosive barrel at a enemy then shoot it.The gameplay is fun and brings out some new game mechanics. 
            The story is simple. You play as a space pirate, Grayson Hunt, who's a foul mouth drunk. He and his squad were tricked by General Sarrano to kill Innocent people. Grayson wants revenge no matter what it takes. The story is alright, nothing special, but the characters are unforgettable and highly unusual. The eccentric characters would have been at home in the movie Fifth Element.
             The environment is beautiful and the sky boxes seem to set the whole mood. During the campaign you have sidekicks with you that bring out hilarious dialog from Grayson. I have never played a game like Bulletstorm before.  I hope they make a sequel and it establishes itself as a strong franchise. I would like to see more of the crazy world of Bulletstorm. I recommend that you at least you rent this game. I would say this game has a high rating on replaying over and over. I rate this game a 9.25            

No comments:

Post a Comment